(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ places I want to visit some day ♥

DIY Bookmarks!

Hi guys! Welcome to this week's post!

Today I will be showing you how to DIY bookmarks! They are easy and, affordable to make! And is a great project for quarantine! You may or may not know how to make bookmarks, but either way I am going to show you.    



For this, you will need:

A design or pattern of some sort (you can print some off Pinterest or draw/paint your own)
A laminator and laminator paper
A pair of Scissors 
A hole puncher 
Some string or ribbon 

Step 1

First get your design. Normally, I would print one off from Pinterest, but my printer ran out of ink, so I had to make my own. I did some watercolor for my design, I hate the way it turned out but I had pretty much no other option.




Here is my finished design, I know I am horrible at art. Feel free to make fun.


Step 2   

Cut your design to desired height, and width. I highly suggest using a ruler for this.



This is what it should look like.


Step 3

Plug in your laminator, turn it on, and wait for it to heat up. Place your bookmark inside the laminating paper, and close it. Once your laminator is heated up and ready, slide the laminating paper in it.




Should come out like this. 


Step 4

Time for some more cutting. Cut your bookmark out leaving some of the laminator paper around all the edges. Please be very careful not to cut your self.



Just like this.


Step 5

After you have cut out your bookmark, grab your hole puncher, and punch a hole right in the middle at the very top. 


 

TA-DA!


Step 6

And for the very last step, grab your ribbon or string and cut some long pieces out. This were you can free style, by choosing how you want to tie it, and if you wanted, add a few beads to it! I did a really basic tie, but I still like it.




And there you go! A beautiful bookmark for that book you just can't stop reading! 


---------------------------------------

I hope y'all liked this week's post! I was really excited about it. Some people have mentioned ideas they want me to do for a post, such as sports related stuff, how to make stickers, and stuff like that. Of course, I am opened to those ideas, because my blog is about almost everything. But it may be a while before I do those things, and let me explain why. I have a box full of post ideas, and when it's time to start on my next post, I close my eyes and reach in the box, and pull a random idea out. I do this because I never can choose what my next post will be, so this way I technically don't have to choose. And every time I get a new idea for a post, or someone suggest a idea, I just add it to the box and it waits to get picked. I just wanted to say that because I didn't want to hurt any ones feelings if they thought I am not going to use their suggestion because I have not made a post about it yet. Anyways I hope that made sense, and thank you for taking the time to read this!

Bye for now!💛

~Miss Molly


Comments

Post a Comment